There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy mothers day

How many of you make your bed everyday? Me, I'm luck to make it once a week, really once a month. But when I do I feel so good. Walking past the room makes me think how clean it looks. Getting into a made bed makes me think of hotel rooms with clean fresh sheets. And I hope someone else will notice. But tonight as I climbed into bed, still appreciating my handiwork, I realize no ones gonna notice. All 3 boys are asleep. Darrell has already messed up his side as he snores on. Maggie, who might have noticed, is away on an overnight GS trip. And I feel slightly robbed. Like a kid who's brushed her teeth but didn't get the gold star for the chore chart.

Which reminded me of something my mom said to me a few years back. Everything was difficult. Darrell was gone every night on the late shift. I was forced to cook almost every meal. I was constantly cleaning up something, cooking something, doing laundry, picking up toys, vacuuming endless hairballs from the dogs, and no one noticed. No one offered me a gold star, a pay check, or even a thank you, gee the house looks great. It was depressing. I was depressed. I called mom one day after coming to see a whole new meaning of the phrase target practice with Gabe toilet training. And someone was sick, maybe a dog. Anyway, I was fried and mom suggested I write down my accomplishments each day. Things I wanted people to have noticed. Or maybe even that I'd wiped down the bathroom 5 times that day. So I did. I diet show anyone it. But I saw it and my mental gold star was brightly shining on that chart.

I hope you moms get a gold star today and if not,

Know that I'm sending one your way! Happy mothers day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always noticed. Wish I would have said it more. Wish I had gone out of my way to apprecieate you everyday instead of just telling you that I love you. Valuable lesson for me and wish I did not have to learn it like this. Sorry