Friday, February 22, 2008

another interesting fact

Hey all. So I received my first copy of Body and Soul magazine that my friend Kate got me for my birthday. And wouldn't you know it, the first page had 6 simple ways to better your life and the planet. While this initially might not seem like such a fantastic thing, the number one thing it had listed was this:

"Chat it up

Grabbing a cup of tea (I hope coffee is okay but I'm guessing not) with a friend might boost your mental health as much as your social life. A recent University of Michigan found that if you socialize for just 10 min. a day, you can sharpen your mind as much as you would by doing brain games or crossword puzzles."

This was fantastic for me. I have a really crappy mind and feel the need to do every crossword puzzle, sudoku puzzle, cryptoquote, and word jumble in the daily papers. Yet that doesn't really fill the void in my life. So I hope reading blogs and e-mails daily can do the same thing. I really feel closer to all of you when I can see what's going on in your lives. Please leave me a comment so I know it's important to you too. I know more of you are reading than writing, but let me know you care! And maybe we can schedule a date for tea and talk! Or coffee and chat.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Man I wish we lived closer. Wouldn't it be great if all of us girls could get together on a weekly basis for coffee and a chat. I miss you guys. When we get together in May we're going to have to go for a coffee run.

Em said...

Yes, let's do that! I can't tell you how excited I am to see you all in May...