Thursday, March 27, 2008

a new rockin' singer

Okay, so she's not so new, but I've just found her music and I don't know why I haven't heard of her before. Was I just not listening?? Maybe I just overlooked her music because I wasn't in the mood for it before. But now I'm loving her. Her name is Missy Higgins. She also makes me want to chop off my hair again. Hmm...so much to consider in my life.

Others I think you should check out if I haven't told you about them yet are Joshua Radin, Tegan and Sara, Rachael Yamagata, Schuyler Fisk (yes girls, she starred in Babysitter's Club), Yael Naim (she sings mostly french, but you know the rockin' Apple Laptop commercial? Well it's her. So I've linked to the video, so you can truly enjoy a song you can understand), Jem (she's been around a while, but I love her), the Fratellis (they just rock!), and the Chamber Strings.

Let me know if you've seen or heard any new stuff. Or maybe an old favorite. Like REM or Barenaked Ladies or Guster perhaps?

5 comments:

Em said...

I love Tegan and Sara and the Fratellis, and I've heard of Yael Naim (gotta love the Mac commercial...). Thanks for the tips on the others, too. As Kate said before, you're always so up on music! Have you heard the latest REM song? I kinda like that, too...

Anonymous said...

Chicks who rock... Leslie Feist, Regina Spektor and Ingrid Michaelson. They've been out a while, you've probably already heard them.

Counting Crows came out with a new album Tuesday. They always rock

Aubrey said...

Totally with you on Feist and Spektor. Regina is probably one of my all time favs. And Ingrid is someone I just started listening too a few months ago and I think she's a ton like Regina. Very awesome chicks. Good call. Can't believe I forgot to write them down. You always have been a fan of Counting Crows Jerry. You'll have to let me know how it is. Guster's got a new one coming out soon.

Another band that I like, but their hit or miss is The Dresden Dolls. Totally kooky lyrics. My two favs are Delilah and Coin-Operated Boy. Check 'em out. Oh, and Jason Webley, The Weepies, Butterfly Boucher and A Fine Frenzy. Hmm...the list keeps getting longer.

Kate said...

Oh man, just reading this makes my head spin....can you introduce me to some of these in May?? I'd love, love, love that!

Michele said...

Oh, Aubrey I love that song that Yael Naim sings on the radio now. I have no idea why - but it's great!! That's the only one you mentioned that I know.

:)